Friday, April 28, 2006

shoshonna's got a real job, dag don't you know?

last night i went to my parents' apt to show them the movie (armadillo nocturne, mhm). and my dad told me some stuff that explains a lot of stuff. ultimately it's good because my parents are finally being honest with me, but at the same time it's disturbing because on a superficial level, it was easier not to know about the shit that was going down, and it's hard to hear about how much pain and difficulty all this generated for the last, shit, 20 years? but at least now i understand... and i guess i'm pretty angry at both my dad and my mom for not being open about it with me until last night.

anyway, i'm sorry that was really vague. i just needed to type it somewhere, i haven't actually confessed the details to more than a couple people, so don't feel left out if you have no idea what i'm talking about.

now let me move on to a new topic, something more light-hearted, and more interesting for you, dear reader: de la soul.

oh man. they are amazing. i don't know why i thought 3 feet high was their only good album (ummm actually i do know why: because allmusic.com is consistantly wrong). but i just got ...is dead the other day and it owns.

how can you write a song better than "bitties in the BK lounge?" you can't. and if you think about the history of music, you'll realize that nobody has done it yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home