Friday, March 24, 2006

how i met lucas

last night, me and chris got back to my apartment with a bunch of groceries from m2m and the blender we "borrowed" from my mom, and there was a cat out in the hall. he looked very excited to see us and ran in little circles around us, nuzzling our bags of groceries.

me: um, open the door.
chris: i can't. the cat will come in. you have to go distract it.
[i try unsuccessfully to lead the cat down the hallway]
chris: cats are smart, amy.
me: well, just let it come in. i wouldn't mind having a cat.
[chris sighs. we stand in the hallway, not sure what to do. the cat continues to nuzzle our groceries. finally, after a couple minutes, we hear a voice calling down the staircase: "kitty! kitty!" a guy comes down stairs and picks up the cat.]
guy: i'm sorry. he always does this.
me: it's okay. what's his name?
guy: it's luke. lucas. [then, addressing the cat, and rubbing its belly, playfully admonishing] lucas, you fag.
[guy heads upstairs]
guy: goodnight.
me: goodnight.
[we get into my apartment and put the groceries down]
me: did he just call his cat a fag?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home