Monday, November 06, 2006

i said "hands up, who likes me?"

all of a sudden jacq started blogging like crazy so i'm scrambling to catch up. today i went to the record fair with a bunch of boys who have record players and wandered around and tried to help steve find good bowie but mostly wandered around. it is not that fun looking through used cds. i brought along the last of the cookies i baked at lex's house the other night and gave them to geoff. i told him to give one to steve, but i think he forgot, and he is probably discovering it in his linty pocket right now, isn't he? have i mentioned there's a dead rat in my oven? that's why i have to bake at lex's apartment. because if i turn my oven on my apartment smells like burnt dead rat. it's really awful. we're working on getting a new oven. meanwhile i do my baking down the block. anyway, the cookies were really fantastic. i made them from a martha stewart recipe, which is funny. here it is: http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=content&id=recipe1235&catid=cat22041&navLevel=4

YEAH. you should go make those cookies, if you want. anyway then after the record fair i went to work, and work was cool because i finally got to watch a show that i sincerely enjoyed watching: family guy. mostly i get assigned shows about redecorating your home for various reasons with experts. and then i got out of work early so i called chris and we went to see borat. there was a line around the block. it was pretty awesome. the part where he forgives azamat by nuzzling him with his nose was pretty good.

last week i decided i really wanted a hamster so i found some on craigslist/free, but then i backed out, because the guy didn't want to give me the cage and i started doubting my hamster mom abilities. i haven't killed my jade plant yet, though, depression or no depression. now i'm thinking maybe i want a bunny.

my birthday party was pretty fun. i'm sorry you missed it, kish. for my birthday i got:
an origami fold-a-day calendar
a book by ian mcewan
very strong magnets
teacups
a laser printer
daisies
chinese lanterns
a visit to bamn

i'm gonna go try and get chris to stop doing homework and play scrabble now.

oh, and my gynecologist is moving to rome. i'm pissed at her.

oh, and here's a photo of my kitchen with the Exotic Lamps in it:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home