Monday, July 25, 2005

whining, damsels in distress, woody allen

1. whining

my throat hurts and megan's throat hurt yesterday and now she's a big mess of sore throat really sick go home from work early bad stuff, so i have that to look forward to tomorrow i guess. PLUS i just got an email saying that although they were "very impressed" with my resume, the place i wanted to to intern at has "already filled the position." if i can't get an internship, how am i going to get a job? i hate the job hunt. it makes me so unhappy. it conquers me. in a bad way.

2. damsels in distress

on saturday night me and chris were riding bikes to a party in central. as we passed the 7-11 in central, chris saw his old roommate and a bunch of other dudes in glam rock make up and eighties clothes having a little scul dance party out on the sidewalk. so we turned around so we could say hi. and as i turned i felt something snap and something else slap against my shin really hard and oh, shit, my chain broke.* fortunately, the scul guys were ridiculously nice and fixed it for me right there and totally saved my ass. but not without making fun of my bicycle and taking lots of pictures of me and saying "ahhh, daaaamsels in distress!" basically it felt like the rocky horror picture show when brad and janet first show up at the castle. except with bikes. and no castle. and no transvestites. but the dude who fixed my chain actually did look a bit like riff raff.

3. woody allen

i'm going to go rent a woody allen movie from the library on patrick's ID. i hope they'll let me. i'm bringing a handwritten note from patrick. maybe this one will make megan not hate woody allen? no, probably not.

*then i realized, wow, i'm amazed the chain held up as long as it did, seeing as three of the links were from this kid's huffy bike joe chicago found in the trash. thanks joe chicago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home